Blockhouse Bay Intermediate
We've been loving Track the Tanker and it's given us some seriously left field (ha) learning. A few students were inspired to calculate the volume of our classroom (and thus how much milk it'd hold if it were a tanker). The answer waaaas 229,551.4125L.
We discovered that:
- our back room alone holds 25111.53L (more than a milk tanker!)
- our whole class space would fit 9 milk tankers worth of milk
- using the average price per L, our classroom worth of milk would cost $465,989.37
- it would take 25 farm vats to fill Room 14
- based on the average cow's daily milk output, it would take 9330 cows working together to fill Room 14